Abortion In America
A Voice From The Womb - If Only We Could Hear It!
November 10, 2008
Editor's Note: Dan Gura is a conservative activist, free lance writer and a contributing editor to RFFM.org. The following column is a touching reminder of the humanity we lose through the act of abortion. Gura does not indict the mother in his piece. Gura attempts to approach the issue of abortion from a perspective of a child who will never have the opportunity to speak for him or herself. The column is thought-provoking and is meant to give a voice to the voiceless.
It is my honor to interview unnamed fetus, male. Forever 20 weeks old.
Q. Fetus, that's an interesting name. What does it mean?
A. Fetus is Latin for "Little One." Every man, woman, and child who lives, or has ever lived, started their life sharing my name. But make no mistake of it, I am a unique child of God.
Q. You look mighty small? How old did you say you are?
A. I am a second trimester baby. I may look small, but I am an individual human being, with DNA unique from both my mother and my father. God breathed an eternal soul into me at the moment of my conception.
My body is growing rapidly...I weigh 9 1/2 ounces and I'm 6 1/2 inches long. I've been told that my brain is developing at an amazing rate...something about millions of motor neurons forming which allows me greater control over my muscle movements. I don't understand what that all means, but I sure do like sucking on my thumb!
And my eyes have been functioning for three weeks now. There's not a lot to see, but I do turn away from bright lights. I can also hear and recognize my mother's voice and, much as John lept for joy in Margaret's womb, I too leap for joy when she sings to me.
Oh, and I hiccup, too when my mom eats spicy food and I'm even growing blonde hair just like my mother!
Q. Tell us a little bit about your parents.
A. My mother is a sixteen year old high school junior...my father is a twenty-seven year old married man. Mom worked at a fast food joint and dad was her boss. She was rather naive and had a puppy love crush on him. One night he offered to drive her home, only he didn't take her straight home. He stopped at a liquor store and got her drunk. I was conceived in the back seat of his car when the condom broke. Dad disappeared the moment my grandfather said two words: statutory rape. Mom cries a lot...I can feel it and it makes me sad.
Q. Wow, for a little guy you sure have been through a lot. What do you think about while you're waiting to be born?
A. It's a little dark in the womb, so I try to imagine what the explosion of color and light will be like. I dream about how beautiful my mother's smile will be, how gentle her touch, and how wonderful her breath will feel on my face. I can't wait to scream as I fill my lungs with my first
breath of air, to smell the wonderful smells of cooking, to feel love, and to know God and serve Him.
Q. What is your favorite Bible verse?
A. That's easy; Psalm 139:13-16. For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Q. You refer to your mother's womb as the secret place. What's it like in there?
A. It is the most wonderful place imaginable. It's so soft and warm and comfortable. I'm half grown right now and I spend a lot of time eating--I've gained two ounces over the last week. I like it when my mommy walks around and I swish back and forward. I also like to sleep a lot.
By the way, did you know that babies--that's what they call a fetus after birth--born at twenty weeks have a 50% chance of survival!
Another fact which a lot of people don't know: I could feel pain since I was 42 days old.
Q. Pain? What kind of pain could there be in the safety of your mother's womb?
A. Well, the first five months of my life were fantastic. My mommy provided everything I needed...and I was soothed by the gentle beating of her heart. I would playfully test my reflexes by kicking and throwing a few punches while I dreamed of the day when I would bring a smile to my parent's faces by squeezing their fingers. All of that changed one horrible day.
Q. I don't understand. What do you mean?
A. For a few days, I could hear lots of shouting and screaming. My mommy cried herself to sleep at night. I tried to comfort her...little kicks to remind her that I loved her. But I could sense great sadness in my mother.
The next morning, I woke up and was sore afraid. I didn't know why because everything was very quiet...the only sound was my mommy crying softly. I flipped over a couple of times to try and cheer her up, but her crying only grew louder. "What's wrong, mommy?" I tried to scream, but my lungs were not yet fully developed and no sound came out. Mommy cried during the entire car trip.
Q. What happened next?
A. Something which the doctor called a procedure. I was torn asunder by a searing pain which I thought would never end. I was terrified and confused as a sharp blade ripped through my soft flesh and bones. I could not imagine anything could hurt so much. The pain, the unending pain. The horrible pain. The last grasp of life. I guess procedure is just another word for pain.
My crime was being an inconvenience; the sentence was death.
But don't be sad for me. I now stand in the presence of God with 42,000,000 murdered innocents. Our Father cloaks us in His glory and fills our restored bodies with His grace. We are His children forever.
I ask everyone to pray for my mother and the choice which she made. For the death of my body is not as bad as the death of her soul. Mommy, Jesus will forgive you. Mommy, Jesus forgives and saves. All you have to do is ask.
Daniel T. Zanoza, Executive Director
ETIQUETTE TIPS FOR PRO-ABORTS
Copyright 2007 Dan Gura Pro-Lifewriter@comcast.net
1. ENUNCIATE. If you must share your opinion please do so clearly and distinctly; allow every pearl of wisdom to form in your mouth and roll off your tongue before you scream the next. Recall how Professor ‘Enry ‘Iggins taught Eliza Doolittle to speak properly in My Fair Lady. Practice saying “the rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain” until fully articulate lest ye sound the fool.
2. RESPECT PHYSICS. As any prayer warrior will tell you, pro-aborts frequently embarrass themselves by screaming out of their car windows at forty miles-per-hour. Their hate filled screed is for naught as they fail to take the Doppler Effect into consideration. In case you weren’t paying attention in high school science class, Austrian physicist Christian (isn’t that a great first name) Doppler first stated f2=f1[v/(v±v)] in 1842. Simply put, it is the effect produced by a moving source of sound waves in which there is an apparent shift in frequency for stationary observers. Still too hard to understand? Think of the sound a train’s horn makes as it rockets past your stopped car…the hate filled screed which you shout as you roar by sounds like whyyyyydonnttttyouuuuumootttthhhherrrfaaattthhhheerrrsssgooohooommme to us. Remember, just because Satan knows what you are screaming—after all he formed the words on your blasphemous lips—doesn’t mean we have a clue what you are trying to communicate.
3. KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD. Not following this admonition can cause an accident as happened while we picketed abortionist Vinod Goyal’s subdivision. The driver, showing off for his female passenger, took his eyes off the road, leaned across her, and started to scream something that sounded like wwwhhhyyydddooonnnttt... He never finished because he slammed into a car stopped to make a left turn. He received a ticket from the Palatine Police and had to pay for the damage to the innocent auto which he rear ended.
4. KEEP YOUR HANDS AT TEN AND TWO. Far too many pro-aborts insist on giving the one fingered salute with not just one but with both hands. It is hard to control a car with both middle fingers pointed towards heaven, particularly when your eyes are filled with rage.
5. BUY A THESAURUS: Do you have any idea how many times we hear someone yelling the basic F-You. This book is invaluable for those who are not intelligent enough to string together a sentence without the F-word (which, while I will admit is versatile enough to be used as a verb--transitive and intransitive, active or passive, an adverb, a noun, or an adjective, simply exposes how minimal your grasp of the English language is). Do us all a favor and get creative…expand your vocabulary. Learn some new words…there are literally tens of thousand of words which can be strung together to insult (affront, abuse, offend, slur, slight) those doing God’s work.
6. BUY AN INSULT BOOK. Invest a few bucks in an insult book…there are stores which sell row after row of books which will teach you how to express yourself. You can choose from a book with 5,000 Shakespearean insults, one titled Depraved and Insulting English, and, last but certainly not least, the classic Samuel Johnson’s Insults which promises “more than 300 of the curmudgeonly lexicographer’s mightiest barbs.” True story: My daughter bought me a great book for Christmas, How to Insult, abuse & Insinuate in Classical Latin. One of my favorites is “Si decem habeas lingas, mutum esse assecet…Even if you had ten tongues, you ought to hold them all.” Now that’s an insult even if you ain’t educated enough to speak the language of Latin America.
7. DON’T EVEN THINK OF THROWING ANYTHING AT US. Most pro-lifers carry cameras with them…get a hair cut because we will take your picture. We will call the police. We will press charges. You will be arrested. You will be found guilty in court. You will go to jail.
8. READ THE BIBLE, DROP TO YOUR KNEES, AND BEG JESUS CHRIST’S FORGIVENESS. I don’t care if it takes an exorcism, it will be worth it. Whether you like it or not we are praying for you. We are praying that the evil indwelt in your heart will be vanquished. We will never stop praying for your salvation. Jesus forgives and saves is not just a saying that we have on our posters…it is the truth…it is His promise…and it is the only hope you have to spend eternity with our Savior